The AvantAdmin plugin customizes Omeka's admin interface and functionality to provide a simpler and more efficient workflow for archivists. It is intended for Omeka installations that:
- Do not use Omeka collections
- Use the same Item Type for every item
The plugin hides the Omeka Collections and Item Type options so an archivist does not have to choose them each time they add a new item. This saves time and ensures that each new item is added correctly.
AvantAdmin provides the following benefits:
- Merges the
Item Type Metadatatabs into a single
- Displays the item's image(s) on the Fields tab page
- Hides the Omeka Item Type dropdown list and assigns the same type to every item
- Hides the Omeka Collection feature
- Displays the Item page after a new item is added instead of the Browse Items page
- Displays Item History on the Item page showing last five users that saved the item
- Indicates on the Item page if the item is not public
- Redirects keyword search requests to AvantSearch
- Allows Researcher role to see and search non-public items using the public interface
- Prevents Research role users from accessing admin pages
- Shows last 100 modified and recently added items on the Dashboard page
- Provides a down-for-maintenance feature
AvantAdmin has these configuration options:
- Item Type
- Specifies the name of the Item Type that will be used for every item in the installation.
- When this option is checked, a
Down for maintenancepage will be displayed to public users to prevent them from accessing the site. Logged in users will not be affected.
See also the documentation for installing AvantAdmin.
The AvantAdmin plugin requires that the AvantCommon plugin be installed and activated.
To install the AvantAdmin plugin, follow these steps:
- First install and activate the AvantCommon plugin.
- Download the latest release from https://github.com/gsoules/AvantAdmin
AvantAdmin-master.zipinto your Omeka
- Rename the folder to
- Activate the plugin from the Omeka
Use this software at your own risk.
This plugin is published under [GNU/GPL].
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.