Copy a MySQL database¶
This section explains how to use an existing database for a new or existing installation.
On the web server that hosts the database you want to copy:
- Go to [cPanel] and choose
- On the far left, click on the name of the database to export
- In the top menu, click on
- For Export method choose
- For Format choose
- On the
Savedialog, choose where to save the file on your computer
Create new database¶
If you need to create a new database to copy into, follow the instructions for
how to create a database for a new Digital Archive installation.
- Run MySQL Workbench
- Connect to the database you want to copy to
- Double click on the name of the database (make sure the name becomes bold)
Open SQL Scriptfrom the top menu
- Select the
.sqlfile exported in the Export section above
- Click the
Openbutton to close the dialog
- Make any necessary edits to the SQL
- Be sure no text is selected or else the next step will try to execute the selection.
- Click the lightning bolt button to execute the script
If you'll be using the new database with an existing Digital Archive installation, you'll need to
db.ini file located in the root Omeka folder as appropriate for the database.