.config file options¶
[options] organization = Mount Desert Island Historical Society export = C:\Users\gsoules\Desktop data = C:\pp5\Data delete_last_export = no fields = GPARENT PARENT DESCRIP last_export = 2020-03-16 08:06:39
Export data to a CSV file¶
pp_export.exeto a PastPerfect computer
pp_export.configas appropriate for that computer's PastPerfect installation
- Open a Windows Command Prompt window
- CD to the folder containing
If you don't run pp_export from a Command Prompt window, you won't be able to see its output.
Issues to be resolved¶
- Need GUI interface so exporter does not have to be run in a command window.
- Need to ensure that the correct export date is used
- To avoid case where they export, but don't import, then next export won't contain all updates
- Make the first row of the export CSV contain the timestamp of the export so that the Digital Archive can record it
- Require that admin go to the Digital Archive to learn the last export date
- Consider having the exporter automatically fetch the last export/import date from the Digital Archive
- Change so that all files installed in C:\pp5Export folder
- Figure out how to detect deletions on the desktop, not by uploading the entire set of ObjectIds to
the Digital Archive e.g.
- On every export, create a file containing only the exported ObjectIds
- On the next export, check to see if any records got deleted and then include special 'DELETE' rows into the export.csv.
Add or remove exported fields¶
- Always export all fields?
This package is a near-exact copy of Ole Martin Bjorndalen's dbfread.
The one difference is that
FieldParser.decode_text now handles a
Create .exe with pyinstaller¶
- Go to
- Right click and choose
Git Bash Here
pyinstaller --onefile pp_export.py
- pyinstaller will create
Run a Python program from a Command or Bash window¶
-u option so that console output goes immediately to the window without getting buffered.
Without the option, you won't see any output until the program completes.
python -u <filename>.py